Business Meeting Minutes

  • 5/3/2014 Minutes

    Open at 6:15PM

    Reports

    Wade

    • Sending event details to Brian for flyers and tickets
    • All performers confirmed
    • Having an AA meeting after the concert
    • Need outreach specifically for Hillcrest, Murray Group, Murray-Holladay, An AA Group, Friday and Sunday 8PM Alano

    Brian

    • Showing t-shirt designs

    Sarah

    • Getting Brianna and Charles for speakers

    Marsha

    • May 17th and June 14th available for podcast

    Close at 6:48PM

     

  • 4/27/14 Minutes

    Open @ 6:06

    Review Minutes from Last meeting

    New Members

    • Dan – 6/1/06, GSR for Holladay group, made coffee for millions of meetings, admitted stargazer, favorite color is Blue

    Reports

    Robert

    • Thrift Shop Prom was success
    • Decent amount of Utah Cty folk
    • Many concessions left over – can use for Benefit Concert
    • Venue was nice in size and quality
    • Can talk about having another Game Night

    Wade

    • Venue confirmed for Benefit Concert – Journey of An Alcoholic
    • A/V covered
    • Paintings are being painted, 3 pieces in total
    • Friday, May 23
    • Going after the oldies and the Carls
    • Salt Lake City Christian Center
    • Begin @ 7:30, go until 9-ish
    • More silent auction pieces would help
    • $10 entry, since all for profit (no overhead)
    • Should probably start pre-selling tix
    • Need old-timer speaker
    • Neisha will do raffle & tix
    • Most singers are confirmed, need one more female
    • May be able to get into May’s Lifeline (Jonathan)
    • Received message about possibly having famous performer at conference
    • Flagstaff wants to send panelists

    Aaron

    • Soberlution flyers, in Idaho (July 25-27)
    • Soberlution people will be bringing people to SWACYPAA, and be bidding for next year
    • Might be able to have folks come down for panels
    • Getting headcounts from other states (NV, CA, AZ, etc.) – lots of folks coming
    • Outreach going very well
    • Won’t be able to attend conference – much sad, so depress, wow
    • Need Queen of SWACY contestants, preferably from bid cities (Wade)

    Rich

    • We have some t-shirts, they are blue, yay (50 in total, $566.31)
    • We will charge $15 for them at next few events and conference, will have more sizes at the conference

    Dave

    • Made $65 cash from Prom Event
    • Need $100 from Utah Cty
    • Need to do more accounting to get final total of proceeds
    • STILL OWE TONY $12
    • $60 in Square

    New Business

    Aaron

    • Square payments are expensive for us (1.5% if swiped, 3.5% if typed in)
    • Possible way to save on CC transactions through connection

    Jonathan

    • Will have to pay $2500 for Food and Beverage minimum, so we will pay $4 for Red Bull and sell for loss at $3 – need to clarify with hotel how we could possibly make some of that back up or how to bring our own food
    • Need Volunteer coordinator at conference
    • Need Programs execution

    Robert

    • Resigning from Activities Position
    • Activities now moves into Conference Entertainment

    Dave

    • Allowing people who can’t pay/newcomers to volunteer for 1 whole day for free registration

    Dan is new Volunteer Coordinator

    Meeting closes at 7:06

     

  • 4/6/14 Minutes

    Meeting opens @ 6:04 (We are responsible)

    Reviewed minutes, approved, and seconded

    Reports

    Rich – Merch

    • Need T-shirt designs, can definitely have some in time for Prom Event

    Jonathan

    • Salt Lake CVB – Called, are going to give us 500 maps of downtown SLC, beehive stickers, City Creek discount cards…FO’ FREE
    • Currently @ 15% of room block, 31 room nights
    • No business meeting for Easter

    Programs

    • Steve B. confirmed for Friday
    • Jack G. confirmed for Saturday

    Sarah

    • Jack G. confirmed for Saturday – it was her announcement
    • Still need Spiritual speaker for Sunday
    • Hair flip

    AJ

    • Clarifying price of Prom – $10/person, food not included (will be sold separately)

    Robert

    • HVYPAA doing decorations
    • May Game Night?
    • Need to find out if Cirque will allow energy drink sales

    Treasury

    • We have enough $$$ to cover MOST financial obligations for conference

    Prom Tickets – 152 Tickets for sale (so far)

    Robert – taking 20 tix

    AJ – taking 60 tix

    HVYPAA – taking 30 tix

    Jonathan – taking 42 tix

    New Business

    • Need to figure out proceeds split for Prom event
    • Committee agreed upon 60/30/10, but we’re making call to discuss

    Meeting closes @ 6:45

     

     

  • 3/20/2014 Minutes

    Meeting opens @ 6:03

    Open with moment of silence and serenity prayer

    New members: Briana

    Reviewed Minutes

    Reports

    Robert

    Spencer from Happy Valley has been getting in touch with Cirque to get venue for 26th of April to no avail. Happy Valley wants to contribute in some way. 7-11PM. Hoping to be done with cleanup and whatnot by midnight.

    AJ

    Has been outreaching to Happy Valley and Davis County. Suggests pre-sale tickets to get the word out further. Arizona wants to contribute.

    Wade

    Venue for concert is free. $100 for sound guy. Friday May 23, 6-10PM. Christian Center on 700 E. Entertainment committee meeting on Tuesday around Noon.

    Sarah

    Has not heard back from Teresa. Getting in contact with Jack G. as potential speaker.

    Nick

    Went with Todd to Winter Fest. Handed out plenty of pre-reg flyers. Registered one.

    A/V

    Met with Skyler to tour hotel and configure A/V needs. Getting full quote. 50% discount. Much discount. So amaze. Wow.

    Dave

    $1,300 not deposited, otherwise finances have not changed since last financial report. $6,015.24 in total.

    Old Business

    None

    New Business

    Jonathan

    • Kathy M. for Thursday night speaker
    • Budget becoming issue for out-of-state speakers
    • Doc for Doctor’s Opinion confirmed and booked
    • Just tickets for Prom, not flyers

    Meeting closes @ 6:35

     

  • 3/23/14 Minutes

    Meeting opens @ 6:05

    Open with moment of silence

    Review Minutes

    Reports

    Robert

    • Chris says we should be able to get Cirque on April 26 which will allow for more announcement time
    • Waiting to hear back from facility
    • Event from 7pm-11pm
    • Possible theme? “More of a lady thing” – Jonathan
    • Trying to get some people to help set up and take down
    • Possible root beer keg

    New Business

    Sarah

    • Wants to do away with meeting weekly due to low meeting attendance

    Jonathan

    • Need panel topics to start “teasing” Facebook group members
    • Provocative topics discussed

    Robert

    • Jeremy has been going to the Indian Walk-In Center

    Meeting closes @ 7:01