- SWACYPAA Business Meeting 1/18/14
Start at 18:15
- Present: Jonathan, Tara, Wade, Brian, Gibson, Sarah, A.J. Robert, Valorie, Necia, Dave.
- New: Samantha
- Robert: Bowling for Januarys event? Bowling allies don’t reserve lanes Friday or Saturday nights. Maybe earlier on a Sunday for event? If we do $8 for 4 hours of bowling per person, vs. $8 an hour. We could charge each person $10, that includes all 4 hours and shoe rental. Group rates
- Valorie => Valentines event?
- Wade => dance with auction for a date 20 volunteers? guy’s and gals, with 2 movie tix and 1 concession ticket. Last event we did this we made $1100. Open auction, bidding starts at $20. 18 years and older to be auctioned. Feb. 15th, game night on same night, since it’s the third Saturday. Brian to make flyers.
- Valorie => auction off cakes? Whoever buys your cake, you go on a date with that person.
- Wade =>Westminister March 8th,for $500.00 plus. He is going to cover half the deposit. Benefit concert, Videos are done, found volunteers. Budgets for conference, registration, cash boxes, change, 10 step room with notebooks and pens. Mechanical bull? Safety concern? Fire show, lighting, signage, shwag, get bid cities to donate?
- Wade => 2 dance rooms, 1 hip hop, 1 electronic? What about the other genres of music?
- Queen of SWACY drag Race? Lip sync? 2200-midnight? Karaoke?
- Never had a legal drink panel?
- Main room + 3 additional side rooms for conference… we need a hospitality room, registration room.
- Casino night Friday night + dance?
- Tara=> SWACYPAA needs to start on time, whether or not people are here… we can’t keep putting off the meeting. If you have a commitment show up to it or get somebody to fill in for you if you’re not going to be there.. hence why we have CO-chairs! Otherwise, don’t volunteer for position and let others have the opportunity to serve. Meeting starts at 6 pm, not 6:15, or 6:30.
- Valorie => ppl need to show up when they say they’re going to, otherwise things get planned when you say you’re going to be there, and when you don’t show up, things go to waste. Show up bottom line.
- Wade => If programs falls through, we are fucked for our conference. We need to figure out plane tix for speakers.
- Wade MOTIONS committee starts to meet every week starting March, to stay on top of conference, and whatever problems we come across. MOTION PASSED
- We need a hospitality chair
- Valorie => refreshments / pre registration chair.
- Brian => 2,000 colored flyers- $200?
- Maybe 50 people already pre registered?
- Game night to support SWACYPAA, and get pre-reg forms- PROMOTE THE CONFERENCE.
- General dollar report $5200.
- Talk with people individually after/before meetings about conference
- We need volunteers to help with conference, entertainment 6-10 people, security 6-10 people.
Motion to close 19:05
- SWACYPAA Business Meeting 12/1/13
Open at 18:06
Opened with Moment of Silence, followed by Serenity prayer.
Motion to approve min from last meeting… PASSED
Role: Sarah, Todd, Bryan, Mike, Cherokee, Robert, Jonathan, Tara
A: Turkey bowl went well, with Ross Family helping with food.
B: HVYPAA (happy Valley Ypaa) is maybe starting a midnight Friday
meeting, some could possibly attend to show support. Go to website for
they’re December event PERFECTPOTLUCK.com
C: We have access to P.O. box with Mail coming in
D: Robert- Dec Event is set and got in contact with C.A. for event
nights, so there is not a conflict between events.
E: Decorations for x-mas party – Sarah, Necia, Emily. White elephant
gift for $0.99 – $9.99
A: Vote in budget for x-mas event.
1-$30 for Decorations
2-$60 for cookie stuff (Cherokee)
3- $30 for food
3.Sarah motions to accept, Jonathan 2nds, MOTION PASSES
B: UGLY sweater contest
… GO TO the D.I. and if not there, look in your grandma’s closet!
C: When we have events at the the GYM, NO GYM EQUIPMENT shall be used,
since we don’t have the insurance to cover people.
2: Get some BUTT cans so theres not a ton of cigarette butts in the
gym parking lot. 3: James has asked us when we’re announcing anything
that happens at the gym, to NOT say the place, rather just say the
D: WACYPAA, We have a panel at 9 AM sat morning, also we host a
marathon mtg from 1300-1400.
E. Cherokee- Merchandiser- We Are Not SAINTS with logo, 2014. Is going
to get 20 shirts made up only for the people going to WACYPAA.
Motion to close at 18:45
- SWACYPAA Business Meeting 11/17/13
Meeting starts @ 18:08
Opened w/moment of silence & serenity prayer
Jonathan read minutes from last meeting
-Motion to approve: Wade
a.Romney: member at large
b.Lisa: member at large
a.Robert: Game night was great, started on time, games were fun, big
turnout, tasty food, lots of people were of service, cleaning went
well, cigarette butts still an issue, no using/climbing on equipment
for liability issue, Facebook event helped a bunch
3.James also asks we not use the name of his business for anonymity purposes
a.SWACY Pass: tabled
b.Pre-reg is starting to come in
c.Wade: has deposit for charity event in February
6. Motion: $250 from committee to fully fund for location
Motion passes, 1 opposes
a.James suggests regular Saturday meeting: tabled
b.Robert: HVYPAA now exists, Jordan (chair) wants to collaborate on
events with Utah County, they have an event Dec 14
c.Our December event will be Dec 15
d. We need to promote the shit out of Turkey Bowl event
e.If we can nail down the details of the Dec event, we can produce a
nicer color flyer, we’ll figure out location by tomorrow.
8.Bryan: Color flyers, 2000 flyers would be $200, motion passes
9.AJ will be greeter for Turkey Bowl
10.Wade: UCYPAA will also be at Sheraton, asks that we be of service
to the advisory committee, will bring a sign-up sheet for positions
11.Conference entertainment: Pool party, drag show, hot tub party,
dances Friday and Saturday night, will require A/V budgeting,
12.Nicholas: apparel, how many? We need to know at what point we get a
13.Necia: conference ideas include a free casino night with craps and
blackjack, we could set up our own poker tables,
14.We need a cigarette butt can for future events, we need more chairs
at gym too
Meeting closes @ 19:03
- SWACYPAA Business Meeting 11/3/13
Meeting opens @ 6:06
Flyers made for Turkey Bowl – date needs to be changed
Opens w/moment of silence & Serenity prayer
In attendance: Dustin, Sarah, Brian, Dane, AJ, Neisha, Dave S., Robert, Mike, Cherokee, Gibson, Nick, Tony, Valerie, Nicholas, Emily, Owen
Dave has financial report from Saints and Sinners $583 collected, $60 decorations and candy, $100 donation, $743 to deposit, $273 profit
Robert – Halloween ball was bangin’ despite competition w/other recovery parties
Brian – Pre-reg flyer made, figuring out promo code for SWACY hotel reservations, if we can nail down info for Christmas event, we can make color flyers
AJ – Promotional items through Party Sober, ideas, hats, mugs, etc.
WE HAVE A CONTRACT FOR CONFERENCE
SWACY Pass…still tabled
Group outreach for events & conference
Mike S – Outreach
Cherokee – Apparel
Owen – GSO
Emily – Events Greeter
New Business – NONE
Meeting closes @ 6:40
- SWACYPAA Business Meeting 10/20/13
1: open at 18:10 with moment of silence with serenity prayer.
2: Role Taken: Nick, Jake, Ben, Jon, Gibson, Tony, Robert, Sarah, Brian, Tara, AJ, Jonathan.
4: Reports: Robert- Events chair, LAST night was decent. Turned out well with CHILI and games BOMB!
6: Old BIZ: Tabled since Dave is not here to talk about SWACY PACK.
7: New BIZ: Flyers for movie night?
A: Sarah, 1 major event per month instead of 3 times a month so we can focus on raising money instead of spending our time running around trying to get stuff done.
B: Jonathan: we are already committed to game night every month.
C: Movie night is killed!!!
D: Turkey Bowl in November, and then in Dec may have holiday.
E: Ben advises maybe we can get a cigarette dispensary for James Crossfit place, since he has given us permission to use his facilities indefinantly.
F: Pre Reg note? Does it say $20, or still $15 on forms?
G: Ross’ family is handling the turkey, servers, drinks, anything that has to do with kitchen work.
H: Sarah: what day are we going to do the turkey bowl on? THANKSGIVING OF COURSE!
I: Nick will contact mens homegroup chair to see if we can use the same place as last year.
J: Sarah: everyone needs to announce Halloween event.
K: Tara and Sarah will HANDLE the park city mens group.
8: Jon: approval didn’t pan out. Have UCYPAA earlier in May, so we don’t eliminate people being able to come to SWACYPAA event in JUNE.
A: doing UCY and SWACY at Sheraton. Using room rates, fill our clock 30 days prior to event. Will keep open pool and starbuck 24 hours. How are we going to split the main conference room? A/V if we plug into they’re system. We’d give them $1100 for the weekend. We need to set up our own system, not plug into the hotel to save money. Haven’t signed anything yet.
B: June 26-29th for main event.
9: $65 on Halloween decorations, and CANDY!
10: DECEMBER event? Maybe movie night with all classic xmas movies!
A: chili cook off, bringing back movie night!
B: cookie decorating, hot cocoa, white elephant gifts! Holiday party, potluck, $10 per person suggested donation.
C: dec 15th, 3rd Sunday of the month. TABLED
11: close at 19:04