- SWACYPAA Business Meeting 9/15/2013
- Open with silence @ 18:
- Ben, Nick, Todd, Robert, Gibson, Jon, Aaron
- Robert motions to approve, Aaron, all in favor
- New members
- Nick by Ben
- Ben by way Nick
- Robert – movie night went well
- Jonathan – Recovery Night went well as well, great exposure for the conference.
- Financial – $569 total income since becoming SWACYPAA
- Fundarshit –
- Old Business
- New logos
i. “Angel” – 10
ii. “Unicorn” – 3
iii. Advisory – 1
- Next month’s movie is The Big Lebowski
- New Business
- Motion to approve Wade’s event date for December 15th Sunday
i. The previous date approved was in November, hence the motion
- Motion to cover the cost of the event, minus any pre-event fundraising by Wade – $528 facility, $150 insurance, $15/hr for tech (if Gibson cannot) for 3 hours
i. We are free to get our own liability insurance elsewhere, possibly for less. Policy amount not specified.
ii. Wade would like to get everyone to get someone to donate $30
- More like just buy a ticket. $30 gets you the ticket to the event plus discounted pre-registration
iii. Motion was an event split, Jonathan broke the tie against. Consensus is that we should support the event with our ticket selling efforts.
- New website – $45 approved for premium theme
- Inreach assignment list made separately so that we communicate to more groups with greater internal accountability
- New member positions
i. Ben H – Co-Programs
ii. Nick T – Co-Hospitality
iii. Valerie G – Co-Registration
iv. Tara W – GLBT Liason
- Close at 7:25
- SWACYPAA Business Meeting 9/1/13
Open with silence @ 18:01
Wade, Me, Lauren, Aaron, Necia, Dave S, Brian, Jon, Robert, Gibson, Tony
Robert motions to approve, Dave, all in favor
Mark, by way of Dave
Brandon by way of Wade
Robert – 8 of us visited St George for the Four Corners pool party/bbq
Jon – Angela from CVB sent out RFPs. Jon and Dave working on getting best contracts available by end of the month.
Necia – Raising pre-reg cost to $15
Fundarshit – $16
The film will be Boondock Saints
Dave getting projector
Dave has painter’s ladder
Gibson will call Cody about speakers with long cables, possibly other solutions
Chairs – Dave and Wade
Lauren needing input on how to purchase food in advance of events. Will put together a shopping and price list for movie night and game nights
Wade motions to vote on new logos for host. Passes
Jon motions to outline how we come up with the new logos and vote – Brian re-use some from the last Facebook voting plus some new ones. Voting will be top-3 in the next meeting. Passes
- Close at 18:50
- SWACYPAA Business Meeting 8/18/13
Open at 18:34
Todd wants to be Wades Bitch!!! Todd Voted in
Wade discussed for an event of a small Benefit Concert for the alcoholic in recovery. Delores Eccles Concert hall at Westminister. Has a relationship with the school, and invite the older A.A.’s as well as younger A.A.’s. Could plan for a November event. $600.00 to rent space, all A/V, and the guy who runs A/V. although we have to have our own insurance. Will meet with events.
October we’re looking towards a haunted house for the big event. Get food and event, and as a group rate pay with the BBQ fund.
James says we can use his Gym for the 3rd Saturday of every month for Game night.
Recovery day, set up a booth. We need to get our banner made. All should have Pre-Reg forms.
As of sober Olympics, $1320.45 on top of everything else, we have about 1600.00
Events people talk about white party rave.
Tara has received keys for mailbox and will go check mailbox this week.
Movie in the park. Wade provides sound equipment, potluck, find a screen, speaker from 8-9, movie from 10-12 … locations? Sandy, kickball, bbq? Frisbee golf park. September 7th $15.00 food, movie, popcorn, soda. Energy drinks are sold separately. Contact Lauren for popcorn and sodas. Or popcorn machine rental… Diamond is $22.00, or Costco for bags.
End at 19:22
- SWACYPAA Business Meeting 8/4/13
Open at 18:26
1.Dustin R for Co-events, Dustin voted in
2.Lauren B for hospitality, Lauren voted in
3. Ramon on Events sub-committee
4. Gibson wants to be Audio Vision instead of I.T. Gibson voted in
5.Discussed sobriety requirements for the committee positions
6. Fundarshit $8.99
Close at 18:51